Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kinsler is 2!!

My little baby is not such a baby anymore! He loves doing things on his own and bossing me around! I haven't done such a great job of keeping up with milestones, phrases, and other things as of late so I'm going to attempt to think of things of the top of my head and put them in this post.

Phrases/words: doctor, "watch this momma/daddy", "go!", "What's this?", "why?", "I don't know", "my, momma/daddy"-which is thank you, please, love you-which is another phrase that doesn't sound anything like love you

Activities: coloring is new hobby, playing with Thomas the train set, playing baseball or playing with any sports equipment, football, basketball (bassakaball)

Motor development: He drinks out of a cup without a lid and prefers that to sippys but of course if we're out and about he uses a sippy, loves to jump, hit off a tee

Other: He isn't very interested in numbers or letters, he loves to eat snacks (nacks). Kinsler is also obsessed with any kind of sporting event. Chris has been keeping the books at the basketball games so about 2-3 times a week we go up to the gym and watch, when we pass the football field he begs to watch football. His favorite all time thing to do as of late is go to the softball field while the girls are practicing and hit off the tee or run the bases. When we pass the field on our way home from school he begs/cries/pleads to stop. I love that he is into sports but I haven never seen a kid his age be so interested in them. Except for a few minutes he watches the entire basketball or football game. I'm excited for softball to start so he can watch the girls play, of course it may be difficult for me to keep him off the field.

This past weekend we went to Helena to my cousin's wedding afterwards we drove back to Jonesboro and had cake with my family to celebrate his birthday. He loved his Cars cake!! He especially loved the McQueen (mean) and Mater cars on top. Unfortunately he ended up with a fever and ear infection and Emma and I got the stomach bug. We were a pretty sad sight. But we are better now. Thank goodness!

We love you Kinsler Ryan! Happy 2nd birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment