Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nugget #2 is on the way!!

So, it has been a few months since I last posted and if you haven't heard already we are pregnant with baby #2. I have been meaning to get on here and write about this pregnancy because as of right now I don't have a baby book for this one and this pregnancy has been so different that I want to remember what it was like.

-I am 17 weeks along.
-My due date is Sept. 29 as of now. I am desperately hoping for an October baby because most of our family has September birthdays and I don't want the baby to share with anyone. (Selfish I know.)
-I had a great 1st trimester
-So far the 2nd trimester has been filled with "morning sickness". I use quotes because it definitely doesn't happen just in the morning and since I think morning sickness is typically associated with the first trimester I'm using the term loosely. However, you get the gist, I've been sick...a lot. I got my first prescription of Zofran filled only 2-3 weeks ago and I have one pill left. Most of the time I have no warning and am unable to take a pill quick enough.
-Kinsler has an okay understanding of baby right now. He knows that when we ask where the baby is he points to my belly. But when we ask if he wants to be a brother he might say yes or he might say no. Just depends on his mood. :) Too bad for him he doesn't get a choice. :)

Chris and I are super excited about this new little addition. It is crazy how fast it's already gone by. I'm almost to the half way point.

Kinsler is talking up a storm! He is pretty much able to say anything we ask him to and understands quite a bit especially if we ask him to do something or go put something away. His latest word is Caterpillar as in the tractor and airplane. I'm glad he's finally calling them airplanes instead of tractors.
We visited Emma in Shawnee last weekend with my mom and she suggested we go to the store to get him a toy in order to keep him occupied and entice him to behave. When he picked out the tractor I asked if that was the one he wanted and he replied "I want one more." so of course Nana agreed. All I could do was laugh.

In a nut shell that is our latest news and family update!

No comments:

Post a Comment